Tags: Things Writing
I'm Yumi, a software engineer in Raleigh, North Carolina, and this is my (second) personal website prettyboytellem.com. I enjoy interfacing with computers, the Internet, and electronics on a daily basis. Other than those things (which soak up a lot of my time) I also enjoy listening to and creating music, reading books from all periods of history, exploring fashion by expressing my taste in clothing and watching anime, both contemporary and older shows. All of these hobbies I have found to be very meaningful to who I am.
I use this website to express my ideas and understandings of the world: I'll often write some things like:
- Entries in the form of a diary, mostly about my day and how things are going
- Transcriptions of my dreams and my interpretations of them
- Technical descriptions about the topics I'm well-versed in
- Critiques and explorations of ideas which challenge what I know
By hosting this site I hope that I can provide you with interesting and engaging content while exposing my person, my ideas, and my understanding to you in a way which is true to my own nature.
Around the Web
Despite being available at my e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org (my e-mail is hooked in to my mobile phone so I'm fairly quick to reply) I'm also available around on these websites:
Getting to know me
Below are a few articles I've picked out of my writing which best exemplify my personality:
If you're more curious about my writing style these articles are exemplary:
- A Dream on December 2nd, 2018
- Short Thoughts on Archetypes
- My Night Going to see Virtual Self in Akasaka, Tōkyō
- Thoughts about a Tea Shop in Yokohama
- Streetwalking in Chiyoda, Tōkyō
Finally, just to keep on-top of things I practice my Japanese on-line as well. These articles are probably the least polished areas of my site but if you notice any mistakes please do not hesistate to correct me: I always appreciate the opportunity to learn.
I generally do not bother correcting mistakes on really old diary-like entries (it's an artifact to have the mistakes in anyway) but newer things should definitely be brought to my attention.
These are a few of my exemplary pages written in Japanese:
- Last Modified
- First Written